Friday, July 31, 2009

Awesome Creator

This is a blog I put on our church ladies blog page. Just wanted to add it here, too. Check out the ladies blog page at www.honorablevessel.blogspot.com.




Good morning,everyone. I almost forgot it was my turn to blog today... :)

Here's my thought.. God is an awesome Creator. Yesterday, my mom and I were sitting in the drive-thru at Jack in the Box (don't worry, we only got 2 diet Cokes) on our way to Mason's birthday party. As we sat there, I noticed a little bird sitting on a fence. He was just looking around, you know, like birds do and I just starting thinking about what an awesome little creature he is. No, he wasn't a beautiful bird. Just one of those black birds we see around here all the time. But still, God created him and he is an awesome creature. I thought about how God created the mountains in all their majesty, the oceans in all their vastness, and then He creates this little bird that is so small and fragile. And, I thought what an awesome God He is!

Then, a scripture came to mind about how He even knows when the sparrow falls.

"Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your father."
"But the very hairs of your head are all numbered."
"fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows." (Matthew 10:29-31)

So, if He even knows when a sparrow falls He knows what we need and thinks a LOT more of us than a sparrow. Isn't that an awesome thought?

As we watched the bird, it looked like he was just looking around at his kingdom. It was like he was thinking, this is my world and I'm just observing it from this fence and all you people are so stressed out about everything but I have no worries. I'm just a bird but my Creator is awesome and He takes care of me so guess what, people, He can take care of your needs, too. (of course, I really doubt that's what he was thinking, since birds have no reasoning powers like humans, but I was thinking with my imagination...scary, huh?)

In Matthew 6:25-26 Jesus says, "Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?"
Behold the fowls of the air; for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?"

So, whatever we're going through this week or the weeks ahead we can be reminded that God has it in control. If He can create the mountains then create a little bird then it's nothing to take care of us. He is an awesome God!

Hope this makes sense. This is my last blog for this month. Hopefully, I will get to blog again. I enjoy doing this!!! :) Love you guys!

Until next time,
Kimmie K.

No comments:

Post a Comment