Monday, July 20, 2009

Unemployed

Okay, so I've been unemployed since January. It is now July and no definite prospects on a new job. I have applied and applied online through Careerbuilder.com, Monster.com, Craigslist.....where to go next? I've applied at the temp agencies, too. Let's see, Kelly, Manpower, Cornerstone....

It's frustrating so I just felt like blogging about it today. I know there are a lot of people in my same predicament, too, so believe me, I'm not having a pity party. Or am I? I don't know. I don't want to complain and I'm not because since January all my needs have been met. God is still good! So far, I've been able to pay my bills and my needs have been supplied.

And, some are going to think I'm crazy but I have a cruise to Alaska coming up in August! This trip has been paid for already so I don't feel too bad going. That's only about 2 weeks or so away so you know I'm excited! I'll say hello to Sarah Palin for everybody if I happen to see her! :)

Back to the subject, I have the trip to look forward to but when I get back I'll still be unemployed. I have never been in this situation before in my life and I'm ready to get back in the workforce. Will I ever find another job? This economy is so bad and there are thousands of us out there looking so it's kind of scary! I HAVE to find another job. I'm single and have no one to fall back on who makes money, too. You know, like a husband, know what I mean...?

So, in my frustrations I wonder if God is leading me in another direction. Will I ever work for Corporate America again or is God leading me into another field? I have no idea. Since I've been off I started teaching piano to some kids in the church and I have enjoyed it. I've also been working and doing a lot for the church (I'm the secretary) and helping keep my nephew Daniel. I have enjoyed all the freedom I've had but I'm really ready to work again. How do you know God's will? The only thing I know to do is to continue to look for work and pray that a good job comes along soon. So, Lord, I'm waiting to see where you lead me....:)

To everyone who is in the same place as me, we just have to hold on and know that God is in control! We need to pray for this economy that it will turn around soon. If you have a job, or your husband has a job, etc., be thankful! and pray for the rest of us! You never know when it may be you!

Love you all,
Kimmie

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for ya Sis.Kim!But you taking that cruise just isn't fair!
    I love ya!

    ReplyDelete