Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Turn the Page

Sunday morning Pastor Duvall preached on the following passage:

Genesis 41:51 - "And Joseph called the name of the firstborn Manasseh: For God, said he, hath made me forget all my toil, and all my father's house. "
41:52 -" And the name of the second called he Ephraim: For God hath caued me to be fruitful in the land of my affliction."

It seems Pastor Duvall always has a good word that I need to hear. Joseph turned the page and began his journey forward. That's what I'm doing this year. I'm turning the page and moving forward.

Last week I felt a little overwhelmed with all the things I will be doing and be involved in this year. It caused me to have a little bit of an anxiety attack. It was a small one, thank God. I know thats what it was because I checked my blood pressure and it was ok. I had ONE Anxiety attack years ago and let me tell you it was bad. You really feel like you're having a heart attack but you're not. Sometimes, your mind and your body can get so overwhelmed that it can fall apart. I felt that last week but by Sunday I was okay again.

Bro. Duvall's sermon was just what I needed to hear. We have to let go of past hurts so we can move on to the future. We have to turn the page in our story and move on to another chapter. How do we do that? Hmmm....that's a good question. I think one way is to get our mind under control, learn how to pray more and get into the Word. Then when and if we start looking back one day we will see that it really is God's will that a certain thing didn't come to pass, etc., (and I'm not talking specifics here...just generalities)..You know the old song, "sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers"..

This year my focus will be on the future. What's done in the past is done and over with. (not saying that my past is that bad..I mean, I haven't ever done anything crazy in my life but there have been times when I've been hurt just as much as the next person)

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that the future is bright and exciting! I'm leaving behind the negative attitude...I'm glad for the Manassah's in my life but now I'm moving on to the Ephraim...the fruitful land. (The latter will be greater). Letting go of the past and moving to the future. What a journey so far and what an even more exciting journey is ahead!

Philippians 3:13 & 14 - "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

Ok, so those are my thoughts for today...scary, huh? lol. Not sure if I said what I really wanted to say but wanted to put this out here because the next few weeks are going to be REALLY busy so not sure when I will be able to do another blog. If anybody actually reads this blog post a comment and let me know.

To be continued,
Kimmie

2 comments:

  1. Remember that sometimes when you turn the page, it actually opens up to a whole new chapter!!! Be excited, I am!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Layla. I'm excited and excited for you, too. It's going to be YOUR year! Luv ya!

      Delete